Friday, November 21, 2014

Some final steps...

and my PROCESS piece will be ready for quilting.  I added some hand embroidery to represent wheat.

I want to add some dimensional work so I attempted to create cedar branches with stitchery.  I photocopied a branch I picked from a local cedar tree so that I had a sample of how the branch should look.

I free motioned the cedar boughs onto a wash away stabilizer called "Wash 'n Gone".

Now that three boughs are stitched, I need to wash away the stabilizer.  In order to keep the branches from becoming a jumbled mess of thread, I have had to pin each of the needles to a styrofoam board.  I used left over meat trays from the butcher.

I'll add some more embroidery after I see how the boughs look.  Whew! Almost there.


  1. So much process!! This is going to be beautiful. We seem to be going all out this time.

  2. This is going to be wonderful! Can't wait!

  3. What a great process in making your cedar boughs; they look fabulous!

  4. wow! all that hand work to apply your celtic wreath, and now those cedar boughs - this is wonderful!