Tuesday, November 11, 2014

More Process- Beverly

I spent some more time with my piece this weekend.  It had been telling me that it wanted a pop of color- I thought of lime green, orange, or red- but Brigitte suggested giving orange a try, so I did!  I had a lovely piece of yellow-orange that I'd done as part of a gradation a few years ago, and it gave me just the pop I was hoping for. So, it is all pieced, sandwiched, and ready to quilt.


When I was looking at it on my table- it also told me something else.  I'd been assuming this was the orientation, but when I saw it upside-down- that just worked better.

 
So that's where I am.  I will have to scramble to get it quilted in time- at least I have a good idea of what I want to do.  And the Christmas soaping is done, so that won't be getting in the way.

5 comments:

  1. Oh that orange looks perfect if I do say so myself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason the orientation looks better the second way is that it looks a bit landscapy that way. Can't wait to see some quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! The orange is perfect, and this orientation looks good. Can't wait to see your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spot of color adds a lot. When you said, spot of color, I was expecting a circle somewhere. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I too love that spot of orange and also that you discovered its perfect orientation.

    ReplyDelete