Thursday, September 25, 2014

In Process

I have long been an admirer of layered images, whether in photography, mixed media or fiber art and I am intrigued by Claire Benn's paper lamination which is a technique perfect for layering. Her book was borrowed via interlibrary loan, so I need to get the technique down pat before the book needs to be returned. The technique is a little intimidating, but what can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong

After much searching I finally found a place to purchase thermofax mesh in a reasonable amount for a reasonable price. I am collecting images on paper which is the first step in the process, so I will be ready to give the process a try as soon as the mesh arrives.


5 comments:

  1. This sounds exciting! I'm looking forward to learning as you go. I've already learned a new term, "thermofax mesh".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you! I have also seen jane dunnewold, who is co author of the book do this on one of her interweave videos. Silly - you should have asked me to make the screens for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this looks like a really interesting technique Judy - I'm looking forward to learning more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing how this develops Judy. It is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks interesting... looking forward to seeing what happens next!

    ReplyDelete