Sunday, March 16, 2014

I could have told you vincent

As you all know, my piece for this is about Vincent van Gogh.
It all started with some sunflower prints...
What else comes to mind when you think of sunflowers and art.
A little bit of needlefelting
Some thread sketching
Some quilting
I thought the spiral went well with Vincent.  More quilting
And a whole lot more quilting
And I finally had something I liked.  No-one said anything about size, so I went a bit overboard (sorry)

You can see the step by steps-
here 
here
here 
here
and here
Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. I love it, lots of techniques, textures, colour, and it all came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it, it feels sunny and warm. I love the variety of textures you achieved with the different materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved watching this one progress! You've done a wonderful job, the sunflowers, the thread sketching and needle-felting, the quilting, they all add up to an incredible piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a happy, sunny fiber art piece which highlights the many techniques you have so much fun using. Thanks for including all the closeups so we can get a better feel for all your different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vicki! I love this piece! A wonderful tribute to van Gogh! You have once again managed to meld a host of techniques into a cohesive, aesthetically pleasing piece. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Vicki!!! I just marvel all the time at your wide variety mixed media techniques you have mastered! What a wonderful combination of these you have Incorporated in your tribute! A fantastic interpretation of the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete