Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Architectural inspirations

We have ben sharing photo inspirations offline as a group.  Has anyone considered edifices like the Sphinx, the Pyramids, the Colossus of Rhodes, the Lighthouse at Alexandria, then of course there are the many seaside fortresses that were built against seafaring invaders.  How about some of these for inspiration?




   
Then of course there are the "not so literal" interpretations to be considered... like the natural achitechture of a forest, a garden....Sheesh, what is a person to do?

4 comments:

  1. ha ha Brigitte, what’s a person to do indeed!

    Thanks for the links! I considered pyramids, but I think I will go for something I’ve actually seen with my own eyes and let photo’s I took be my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for additional inspiration. We can never have too many at this stage of the game.

    This facade, a plan for the International Criminal Court in the Hague may give some more food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is a whole world of inspiration out there isn't there. I suppose shelter is one of the basic needs of mankind, so there is a lot of it. But we don't build just for shelter, so there's another whole area, and, well, I could just go on, couldn't I? Thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
  4. every where you look there is architectural inspiration! This is going to be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete